Thursday, November 6, 2008

Living with Cautious Optimism . . .

Living with Cautious Optimism . . .

a blog.

Started today, on Wednesday, November 5th, 2008

Hey, everybody! Welcome to my blog chronicling my trip from Los Angeles, California, USA to

San Jose, Costa Rica to undergo stem cell treatment for my condition (Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis)

I feel that it MAY be a good sign to begin this on the day after Barack Obama was elected P.O.T.U.S. . Change, I believe, may just be in the Air.

Anyway, my thought and plan is to review how my trip goes if not day-to-day, then as close to it as may be possible from outside of the States.

Please bookmark and visit this page for updates.

Wednesday, November 5th, 2008

I felt that today may be an appropriate day to start this blog because I saw my Neurologist, Dr. Tong Jiang at Kaiser Permanente. She was not only interested and intrigued with my declaration of intent to attempt this, but was excited to receive news on my progress.

We are leaving for Costa Rica Thursday, November 6th.

Our flight leaves LAX @ 1:30a – we have to allegedly get to the airport around 2 to 3 hours early... Security, ya know.

Let us be honest. Can there be anything more potentially dangerous than an affluent, middle-aged white man in a wheelchair?!? LOL

Stay tuned for updates…

No comments: